Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 1 month ago

How likely is it for an ultrasound to miss a DVT in leg?

I began experiencing some pain below my calf last month. The pain seemed to be fixed right over my Achilles and would only hurt as I walked or if I pressed on it. The pain went away for a few weeks until about 2 days ago. I woke up and felt the exact same pain as I walked around, only difference this time was that I had to work and be standing all day. The pain would be felt as I walked but when I sat down or took a rest I wouldn’t feel the pain. The day after the pain seemed to radiate to my general leg, especially behind my knee. When I try to put my leg as straight as can be or even bend my leg I feel the pain behind the knee. I’ve also been having sort of muscle spasms on my calf. Yesterday I went to the ER where they performed an ultrasound. Since there was no swelling, although I see some swelling, or discoloration the doctor didn’t believe it could be anything serious. The ultrasound did not spot anything either and I was discharged with muscle cramps. I don’t know how much I believe this diagnosis and I’m worried they, or the ultrasound might’ve missed soemthing

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Ultrasounds do NOT miss anything. A DVT causes swelling and redness, it does not stop and start. You have strained a muscle.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.