Someone prowls through my backyard at night what can I do? ?

I know that every night someone is prowling through my backyard.

My back yard is surrounded by a chain link fence and the fence is always shut. I just hear walking and trash cans banging.

The neighbors pit bulls always gets aggressive and barks every night. 

• A
    Favorite Answer

Are you sure it’s a person? It could be a raccoon or something. It seems a bit strange that a person would sneak around in your yard every single night and make noise by messing with the trash cans. My guess is it’s either an animal getting into your garbage, or maybe someone you live with sneaking out for a smoke or something. Next time you hear it, open your door or window and shine a flashlight out there (keep your phone on you in case you feel unsafe). Then you’ll know for sure what’s out there and you can stop worrying about it. You could also install a motion activated light back there. 

Go talk to your neighbors.  Ask them to borrow a pit bull for a week.  Let the pit bull sleep in your back yard at night for a week.  You say the yard is surrounded by chain link fence, so the pit pull dog should be safe in your back yard.  Just remember to leave out some water and food for the dog.  In fact, you don't even necessarily need to borrow the dog.  Just ask your neighbor to put the dog in your back yard every night for a week.  

Yes that was me🥺 I'll try to n

Make less noise next time 🌹🌹🌹

Get wooden boards and hammer long nails through them, then stick the boards in black bin bags and leave lying around in the garden with sand at the bag openings. Chances are someone will just think  bags of sand and stand on one them.

I did this many year ago, a guy was always jumping over my side gate and looking through my windows a night, so I placed a bag just where he would jump down. It worked really well as I smeared the nails with dog ****; a nurse I know told me the guy got sepsis and lost the lower part of his leg. 

• P.L.

Set up a camera to catch the culprit.  It might turn out to be an animal of some kind but you need to know for our own peace of mind.  If it turns out to be a person who should not be there then you must involve the police.

ooh, I'd have fun with this.......Borrow those pit bulls from the neighbour and have them **** all over the yard.  DO NOT clean it up.  I'd also get a couple of those bear traps and set them.  put some large rocks for the prowler to trip on and land face first in the dog ****.  Just booby trap the entire yard and then sit back with a drink and watch the show.  I BET the prowler never sets foot in your yard again. 

The boogieman, or a bear...or a hot babe..

• Gorgia

Time to call the police get a game cameras and a light

I'd install a movement sensitive light which may let you know who exactly is out there.  Camera?     It doesn't have to be a human however.   And call the police.