Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I wear a new Mask Bracket under my single 3 layer mask so my glasses don't fog up and less anxiety why hasn't the CDC okayed mask brackets ?

Favorite Answer

As long as your mask is still sealed around the edges, mask brackets are a good idea if they stop your glasses from fogging. 

They have not been okayed because they do not need to be. They are simply a way to keep the mask away from your mouth, so they do not affect the efficacy of a mask. 

(I do not think the other people here know what they are, or have not tried them). 

You are going in the opposite direction and creating air gaps between the mask on your face. You might as well breath from the side of the mask. You have no seal of the mask on your face rendering the entire mask ineffective. Less anxious? Hardly. Of course your glasses don't fog up because of the giant air gaps you created. I would be worried as hell in using something like that not less anxious. 

What some in know are recommending is using a surgical mask and then putting a cloth mask over that to put pressure on the surgical mask squeezing out all the gaps and pushing the surgical mask firmly on the face eliminating all air gaps between the mask and the face. 

These brackets render a mask completely ineffective.  You might as well have someone with Covid spit mucous down your throat.