Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Why did my mom have my brother circumcised but not me?

I’m a 16 year old boy from Germany. Both of my parents are from here but they never got married because I was an accident and they didn’t love each other. My mom was single for a while until she met this Turkish guy who she has been with for a long time and recently got married too.

Here we don’t really circumcise boys unless you’re religious or your culture tells you to do so. I’m not circumcised and I think that’s the norm and good.

Recently my mom and my stepdad had a son tho and when his diaper was being changed I saw his penis. There was no foreskin and a plastic ring around it. Why in the world would my mom have that done to her son if she isn’t even religious or anything? She is just a 37yo white German woman. I certainly have my foreskin left. I don’t wanna ask her directly because that would be so damn awkward.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • keerok
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No it wouldn't be awkward to ask your mom but did it cross your mind that it's your stepdad's decision to circumcise your brother?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.