Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Why did my mom have my brother circumcised but not me?

I’m a 16 year old boy from Germany. Both of my parents are from here but they never got married because I was an accident and they didn’t love each other. My mom was single for a while until she met this Turkish guy who she has been with for a long time and recently got married too.

Here we don’t really circumcise boys unless you’re religious or your culture tells you to do so. I’m not circumcised and I think that’s the norm and good.

Recently my mom and my stepdad had a son tho and when his diaper was being changed I saw his penis. There was no foreskin and a plastic ring around it. Why in the world would my mom have that done to her son if she isn’t even religious or anything? She is just a 37yo white German woman. I certainly have my foreskin left. I don’t wanna ask her directly because that would be so damn awkward.

• keerok

No it wouldn't be awkward to ask your mom but did it cross your mind that it's your stepdad's decision to circumcise your brother?