Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

My parents want me to parent my younger siblings. What do I do?

I am the oldest 25 (female) (recently moved closer to family since I had moved out at 18) and I have siblings ages 22, 19, 17. Whenever they have a problem with them they tell me. I give them advice or if they tell me to talk to them I do. But I usually give advice on how my parents should parent or hold them responsible for their actions but they don’t do it they either say yea ok but never do it or they rather I “talk to them about it” but of course they don’t listen to me. 

So I confronted both of my parents and told them that they don’t respect me because they ask for my advice but never take it and that’s it’s there fault because they aren’t even trying to parent. 

However, after that conversation my mom still sent me a video of my sisters messy room. How do I make it clearer. I love my parents and want a real relationship with them but currently they are pissing me off and I don’t know how to hang out with them anymore without showing my feelings.

Any advice/tips? 

• T J

Move far away, dont give them where and block them. let them raise their own, not your job.

maybe you should tell them what you just told us

• ?

You aren't their parents they are if they don't listen then you tried

• keerok

Move out?                             .