Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 1 month ago

What kind of homemade fertilizers can I use for plants?

Youtube.com has many tutorials on this topic.

But, to begin, start composting all kitchen vegetable / fruit scraps, all coffee grounds and tea leaves, plusdry leaves from your yard. Soon you will have fertile soil to grow gorgeous healthy plants.

Youtube.com is a good way to learn about composting.

I keep a large empty coffee can on my kitchen counter to keep my scraps headed for the compost pile. By the time I need another can of coffee, the old one used for compost is thrown away and the new one takes it's place. I keep lids on both the top and bottom of the can. The one on the bottom protects my countertop.

My compost is so rich with nutrients that onion and potatoe scraps have begun to grow!

What I have done was gather all the fall leaves I could get my hands on (except any in the Walnut Family).

I place them in a plastic barrel, wetting each layer, and let them sit.

It can take a year but you get that wonderful leaf mold which is rich in minerals and such.

If I could trust law clippings (many here use pesticides and herbicides on their laws), I would mix those in for extra nitrogen.

I also grow Comfrey (a dynamic accumulator).

You can harvest the mature plant 3-4 times a season and make a compost tea.

Fun Fact:

CLEAN human urine, diluted 10 parts water to one part urine, is bioavailable fertilizer for most plants!

Clean meaning no infections in your body, not taking drugs or antibiotics, etc.

Also, human urine from a man that eats meat can deter foraging animals?

Vegans, similar, and women's urine doesn't seem to have any effect.

Most fertilizers are not bioavailable (except chemical ones).

• Adele

Compost. Compost is simply decayed organic matter like food scraps, clothing, paper, and some personal care products. 

Aquarium water.

Cooking water. 

Eggshells.

Use coconut husks 

poop is the number one great homemade fertilizer and I am not trolling. My grandpa used poop in his garden, preferably horse poop.

• Good

Look up Korean Natural Farming on YouTube.  You can make your own fertilizers and pesticides without chemicals.

.

Save eggshells and use coffee grounds and used tea bags--seal them in a jar with some distilled water and let them sit. Use the water sparingly around your plants. 

I use fish tank water when i exchanage water weekly. 

Here are 8 of our favorite DIY fertilizers for a variety of needs.

Grass Clippings. Save. If you have an organic lawn, make sure to collect your grass clippings to use on your gardens. ...

Weeds. Save. ...

Kitchen Scraps. Save. ...

Manure. Save. ...

Tree Leaves.

Coffee Grounds. Save. ...

Eggshells. Save. ...

Banana Peels. Save.

Night soil is popular in many parts of the world.