Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Bowel movements?

This is an embarrassing topic, but if i don’t talk about it, I may never get any suggestions or advice.

For some time, my bowel movements have been acting up. I released little sausage shaped stools, smaller than how it would normally be. Some come out in small sausage shapes and some in long sausage shapes. They would all sink to the bottom of the toilet like in a pile. Though, I still cannot feel like I fully evacuated myself. There are time when I do not have urges to have a bowel movement, and when I sit on the toilet, I strain and release small sized amounts, all while i do not have urges. Is the bowel habit ok? They do come in brownish color, but im not sure if the sizes are ok.   

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

i would ask your doctor about it

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Poop should never float and those that do are indicative of health problems. You shouldn't have to strain except what is out of your control.   Straining,  too,  is indicative of health problems. 

Eat ONLY whole foods and drink ONLY water, unsweetened teas and unflavored milk and your poos will be healthy (and,  as importantly, so will you).

If you are fat, this getting healthy will result in fat loss.   Like, all of it.  Be prepared for new clothes becoming necessary. 

• 2 months ago

Take a probiotic every day. You need a better colony of bacteria in your gut. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.