Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

Would taking microeconomics in 8 weeks be too difficult?

I need to take microeconomics (in junior college) and I don’t have a strong economics background. Do you think it would be doable for someone like me? The class is also online so I don’t know if it would make it harder to learn than in person. Should I go for it online? Or wait to take it over a longer semester. 

Update:

To CarolOkla, the community college I attend has multiple sessions that open up within the semester. They have 16wk,12wk,8wk,and 4wk classes.

Update 2:

Right now I am taking one 3 credit course (12wk long) and the economics class is 3 credits 

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Are you already taking full-term classes this semester? And how many credits is the economics class? 

If a normal semester is 16 weeks, then taking an 8-week class is comparable to taking two 16-week class. In other words, a 8-week 3-credit class will "feel like" taking 6 credits. 

So if you're already taking 12 or more credits this semester, don't add a half-term class. 

But if you're only taking nine or fewer credits, due to dropping a class or whatever, then adding a three-credit half-term class should feel like a "normal" 15-credit course load. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Microeconomics is supposed to become first introductory economic course. You don't need an economics background. Since when can you choose the length of a term at a specific college or university. It isn't even midterm of the spring semester yet yet. If your college has a quarter academic calendar, you are?stuck with an 8 week term no matter which term you take the course. If college has a semester academic calendar it's your choice?whether you take it with a 14 to 26 week semester if an 8 week summer school course. 

Online courses are a lot harder to stay motivated.i have gone to school online and the quarters were only 6 weeks long. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.