Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 1 month ago

Is the Sims impossible to play without cheats?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • what? no, i've hardly played it, but when i did i never played with cheats, no point in playing, unless there's something to make it a challenge and cheat's destroy that notion and destroy imho the whole point of the game..

• 1 month ago

No, it's not impossible to play The Sims series as originally intended by the creators by playing without cheats.  HOWEVER, doing so (by getting a job, paying bills & raising funds to buy new furniture, remodeling your house, ect.) becomes more of a grind that tends to mimic real life.  With the addition of aging mechanics (added in The Sims 2 onward), you'll have to procreate in order to keep the family tree going... should you choose to enable this (as it's optional).

Using cheats allow players to fast forward past the boring grind & get into the more fun stuff with the game OR do more fantasy play by removing some of the game's restrictions.

• 1 month ago

No, not impossible...

But it is undeniably the sort of game where cheating does actually make it a tad more fun.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.