Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 month ago

birth control: is it likely to get pregnant if you miss 2 pills 5-6 days after sex? ?

I had sex on feb 14th and missed my feb 19 and 20 pills.. they were my last two active. I had no sex around this time of missing them aside from the 14th and 28th.  I had a lighter period and got worried it was something else. what is the probability of pregnancy if you miss 2 pills 5-6 days after you've had intercourse on the pill? 

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

If you missed two pills AFTER intercourse then that doesn’t mean you’re pregnant. That’s impossible. If you missed those two pills before you had intercourse then pregnancy could be possible. But in this case, there’s absolutely no way you could be pregnant. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Sperm only lives for about five days.

Ovulation would NOT happen immediately when the pills were missed.

Sperm would have been dead before an accidental ovulation might have happened due to missing pills.

Make sure you use a condom until you have taken 7 active pills (7 days) from your new pack.  

If you had sex on the 28th without using a condom - there is a small risk of pregnancy from that point - but only a small risk.  

Read the information that comes with  your pills.  It gives advice on what to do when you miss pills.  (which is usually to use a condom until you have taken 7 active pills)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.