Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 month ago

How would you pronounce the name Fayre?

I’ve said “fair” as it seems obvious from the spelling, but I have a feeling it’s pronounced another way...

That seems right that it would be pronounced "fair."

• Snid

I would ask how to say it.  Or just say Fay-ra.

Like fare or fair.

This is probably one of the dumbest names I’ve ever heard of . Seriously need to consider other names 

• ?

"Fair" would be the logical pronunciation.

However, different families just might have different pronunciations.  I'm not sure why they would with THAT name, but you can often find the same name pronounced different ways by different people.

I suppose it's just possible that someone might pronounce it "Fay-er," with two syllables, or "Fay-ruh".