Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 2 months ago

What kind of jobs are available with the pandemic?

Can someone help give some pointers?

"Essential workers."  I don't know what your skills are.  Delivering groceries or other stuff.  Work in a grocery store.  Get a job with a tech firm servicing computers and their hardware - they will train you.  Security guard.  There are all levels of security guard from watching remote TV screens to carrying a gun, so even if you are weak you can be one.  Demolition, if you are strong.  Breaking stuff is fun!  The work is off and on, depending on whether there is a client needing a building demolished.  

Home care for elderly and disabled - there is always a need for that. It can be light work or heavy.  I don't know how much work is actually available, I'm just talking about people I know who are working or have worked during the pandemic.

• Andy C

Grocery stores,  gas stations,  pretty much all the trades,  

I know a number of people who are working delivering food or driving for Uber. Amazon has been desperate for warehouse employees in my area- and delivery drivers. They start at $15 an hour. Quite a number of stores have "Help Wanted" ads now that the numbers are going down and people are getting out again. The grocery stores have always needed people 

I'm a field tech for the largest pharmacy.  We're busier than ever.

• Jobs that are essential to the economy, so look for essential jobs. 

I'm an essential worker, I have been working since the pandemic started with no lay offs. 

you could try to start your own business, they have grants for that