Why did everyone love Donald Trump before he ran for president and then all of a sudden hate him once he did?

He's a traitor as what happened on Jan 6th.

I've always known he was a dirt sandwich and a grifter.  

They didnt.

Most Repub voters punched Trumps ticket in 2016 because the alternative in the 2 man race was too horrible to allow.

His vote total last year broke all records (held by Obama before that) by near 5 million votes....and these were real votes (people at the polls with their I.D.'s ready, not fony "mail in with no I.D.'s required).

***

U need to tune out goofy Maddow for your "news" and find accurate sources for the truth.

You are wrong. 

Your perception is wrong. 

Donald Trump is a professional lifetime criminal who has been in trouble with the feds since 1973.  He is going to jail now.

Hillary won that election by over 3 million extra votes than Trump.  Trump was impeached twice for crimes while in office.  He now has a ton of state and federal crimes to be tried for.

He hasn't changed.  He's the same criminal whom a handfull of idiots voted in.

And you get what you pay for.

I've always disliked him.

As for people who really did that... I guess it's easier to like someone you can just see as a character on tv than it is to put up with translating that persona to real life and decision making that affects your own nation and self.

Watching him "fire" some people from a reality show was probably fun for some. Watching him convince their neighbors to believe lies, conspiracies, and reject masks to help protect their community...not so much.

I didn't "love" him before, except in the sense that we are called to love everyone.  I didn't know much about Mr. Trump before - didn't watch his show, didn't follow his life.

• Kathy

Because while he was president, he showed his true colors