Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 2 months ago

Who was worse in this situation? Who is the bully and who is the victim?

https://www.reddit.com/r/venting/comments/l5qilw/w...

Basically I had this conflict with a classmate of mine, and I'm wondering who is the bully in this situation. 

Me or him? Who is worse?

Have I gotten even with him? Or do I still have work to do?

Why is it that only some people get bullied and others never get bullied in life?

It's hard to hurt people even those we dislike but sometimes we have to hurt those who go against every thing we believe in. Unfortunately sociopaths do not GAF and they will chuck back twice as much at you. Family, friends and colleagues help you take the negativity on the chin. To thy known self be true x

• ?

Your first 4 paragraphs: He's clearly in the wrong.

But this is where you start to be in the wrong: "In June, I impersonated him on reddit and made some awful posts insulting some classmates, and sent that impersonation account to 7 people to try to get it to spread."

I get that you're trying to get revenge on him, but this really isn't the way.  Truthfully, it makes you look just as bad, even though he's the real jerk.  

"I defamed him online, giving out his first and last name, as well as saying lies about him bullying kids with Downs Syndrome and him being a pedophile and stuff like that. I basically pretended to be him writing those things, and some of those things are popping up in the Google Search if you look up his first and last name. I first did that back in June of 2020, before doing some in October, and finally doing some in December." 

This (above) is never OK. 

I think you both were hurt. I wouldn't say that he was hurt more than you. But what you did wasn't the right thing to do. It just fuels his meanness and shows him that being mean is the only way to resolve things. I think you've definitely gotten even with him, so you don't need to do any more harm (and hopefully he's done bothering you). To answer your last question, it's difficult. Bullies often pick on people because they're jealous of them, they do something to them, or they stand out in some way. There's really nothing that can determine whether you'll be bullied or not. Hopefully it never happens again, but next time I'd suggest reaching out to an adult.