Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

paula asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Can Anxiety disorders cause twitching in your sleep?

I have been diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety disorder and Mixed anxiety and depressive disorder. It has cone to my mind that might be the reason why I twitch during my whole sleep, not just during falling asleep. I googled it and there was no information for twitching during all rem and non rem phases of sleep. If anyone knows other possible reasons for this pls help.

• kelvin

seek therapy for it

Unfortunately Anxiety disorders can cause twitching in your sleep. But there is help. This magazine explains.

https://www.jw.org/finder?pub=w15&issue=20150701&p...

I also have major depression  and anxiety disorder. And I do a lot of twirling thing awake or asleep.  I Wake up suddenly in the night, several times a night, shaking.