Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 2 months ago

Are there any other authors like Clive Cusslers style?

Favorite Answer

I recently started reading  Andy McDermott's  books, after picking up a random one  and reading it,  and it turned out to be the third, in a series actually,   known as the Wilde-Chase  series. (Nina Wilde and her bodyguard /boyfriend Eddie Chase.) 

Wilde-Chase----get it ?  Har har. But seriously.....as I was reading it,  all I could think was.........this is Clive Cussler writing under another name. So I got the rest of the series,  and I am convinced either the guy is stone cold ripping off Clive Cussler,  or  it IS   Clive Cussler. Many of the subjects and  "wild chases"  have to do with the same things, Clive has already written books about. and while reading one of them.........I could **SWEAR** I read a passage that was verbatim lifted out of a Clive Cussler novel.EXTREMELY  similar styles.   a little TOO  similiar actually......but if you like Clive Cussler,  than Andy McDermott is the next best bet. Exotic locations, daring Heists,  evil villains who want to take over the world , and plenty  of page turning action. 

There are quite a few. Tom Clancy comes to mind.