Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Should dogs who attack people be killed?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Absolutely, unless the person attacked is an owner that abuses it. Dogs that attack people are a danger and since the majority of dogs that attack are pit bulls they should definitely be put down.

• 1 month ago

It depends on the situation.  Many dogs are provoked into an attack.  Many dogs are only protecting themselves from an abusive owner.  As a retired professional dog trainer & a retired professional all breed dog groomer, I have been bit many times but never thought the dog should be euthanized.  When a child gets bit by a dog, I always question what the child did to provoke the bite.

Now if the dog attacks & mauls a person to death, yes it should be euthanized.  Not all bites warrant euthanasia.  Most dog bites are provoked bites.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That would all depend on the circumstances of WHY the dog attacked and killed.

In `MY` book, any dog who is badly abused should be allowed to defend itself against an abuser. 

Sadly the laws of the land may not agree, as this would need to be proven, and dogs cannot speak up for themselves, and some dogs are euthanised through no fault of their own. JMO.

However,....Some dogs DO attack for what `seems` like no reason, (but of course the dog always has its OWN reason), and this kind of dog is subsequently unsafe to own as a pet and should be euthanised for human safety. JMO.

• 1 month ago

yes...............

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, they need rehabilitation so they can be good, Idiot treat them like **** which is sad

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes. Please.... 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It depends on the situation.  I was walking my dog when a man tried to grab my purse.  Why anyone would want to tangle with a 120 pound dog is beyond me.  Anyway, she took him off his feet and stood over him while I called the Police.  Did she attack him? Yes.  Did he deserve what he got and more? Yes.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes. Even if they don't. Why risk it?

Dog owners are not the smartest bunch out there. They don't care if their dog attacks or kills someone. They always blame the victim.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

No. They should be in an animal shelter. People who kill dogs should be reported and put in prison for animal cruelty.

• What a general sweeping statement. It would obviously depend on the situation. Attacking in self defense is understandable.Is it a one time thing or repeated behavior due to some neurosis?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.