Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

Yeast infection keep coming back?

I’ve never had a yeast infection before until i was prescribed some antibiotics for my tonsils, which I thought was too strong for me. I’ve had a yeast infection 3 times in the month of February. I was prescribed a pill the first time I had it which worked but it came back a week later. Same with the other times, they came back every week and I cure them with monistat. I don’t know what to do anymore. I’m tired of spending money on these products just for it to come back. I’ve been eating yogurt and changing my diet. I am sexually active with my bf and I did have unprotected sex with when I was on the medicine so I could be from him. Any advice? 😩

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Guys can get a yeast infection too.  You should NEVER have sex without a condom while either of you have an active yeast infection.

He needs to get checked and treated for yeast infection.  (redness, itching, and a cottage cheesy gunk under his foreskin are signs he might have a yeast infection - especially if he is usually clean.)

As for you - one last thing you can do - check the soap you use to wash in your genital area.  If you are using an antibacterial soap - STOP.  Your body has GOOD bacteria in that area that would help fight off the yeast infection and if you are using an antibacterial soap - you are actually killing the bacteria that help keep you yeast free.   A yeast infection is actually a fungus and not a bacteria anyway, so antibacterial soap is not helping to fight the yeast infection.  (spending too much time swimming in a chlorinated swimming pool can also increase yeast infections for the same basic reason - so if you happen to be going swimming anyplace - stop doing that for about a month also to let your good bacteria recover.)  

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

He needs treatment as well, you are passing it to each other.

Lv 7
    1 month ago

So tell him to clean himself and slather yogurt on his junk. You guys keep passing it back and forth to each other. STOP IT. If you have to go a week without sex, so be it until it's 100% cleared. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.