Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

Yeast infection keep coming back?

I’ve never had a yeast infection before until i was prescribed some antibiotics for my tonsils, which I thought was too strong for me. I’ve had a yeast infection 3 times in the month of February. I was prescribed a pill the first time I had it which worked but it came back a week later. Same with the other times, they came back every week and I cure them with monistat. I don’t know what to do anymore. I’m tired of spending money on these products just for it to come back. I’ve been eating yogurt and changing my diet. I am sexually active with my bf and I did have unprotected sex with when I was on the medicine so I could be from him. Any advice? 😩

Guys can get a yeast infection too.  You should NEVER have sex without a condom while either of you have an active yeast infection.

He needs to get checked and treated for yeast infection.  (redness, itching, and a cottage cheesy gunk under his foreskin are signs he might have a yeast infection - especially if he is usually clean.)

As for you - one last thing you can do - check the soap you use to wash in your genital area.  If you are using an antibacterial soap - STOP.  Your body has GOOD bacteria in that area that would help fight off the yeast infection and if you are using an antibacterial soap - you are actually killing the bacteria that help keep you yeast free.   A yeast infection is actually a fungus and not a bacteria anyway, so antibacterial soap is not helping to fight the yeast infection.  (spending too much time swimming in a chlorinated swimming pool can also increase yeast infections for the same basic reason - so if you happen to be going swimming anyplace - stop doing that for about a month also to let your good bacteria recover.)  

• Tavy

He needs treatment as well, you are passing it to each other.

• .

So tell him to clean himself and slather yogurt on his junk. You guys keep passing it back and forth to each other. STOP IT. If you have to go a week without sex, so be it until it's 100% cleared.