Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 1 month ago

Why is there such a shortage of guns and ammo for sale these days?

Favorite Answer

People are stockpiling guns and ammo because of Biden's agenda.   I suppose

you are not aware of the bills in the House right now. People should look them 

up and see for yourself and with the Senate 50/50 and Kamala with the  deciding

vote it will become law unless some Dems vote against it in the Senate. 

• Aspen

They say it’s new owners causing the shortage. I lean towards preppers and enthusiasts with deep pockets. 

As for guns, I’ve been looking at the availability for some specific models of Taurus, Bersa, Tristar, RIA handguns...zilch. In fact, forget those specific models. Looking for ANY products from some of those companies produces zilch. I’m becoming convinced that these companies aren’t producing anything anymore. Well, not quite, but same effect. 

When Windicators are starting to go for S&W prices, you know things have gone insane. 

• Mr.357

There are millions of new gun owners that thought the government could protect them but decided that was a fantasy because of the riots and China Virus.  Gun owners are buying up ammo and adding to their gun collections because of the Democrats.

There is no shortage.   Some guys are buying up stuff like crazy and hope to sell it in the future for a profit.   They will buy AMMO for 50 cents a round and sell it for a dollar because others buy into the "there is an ammo shortage" story.     They do the same with guns.

well, we had an election, one that didnt go the way of gun rights. 

we had a pandemic one that made people realize the government cannot save you

and the pandemic caused a spike in crime 

in my day when i began this hobby, when i was able to legally officially it was 2012 and there was a gun and ammo shortage. and that was only because of the intentions of the obama administration. 

now, we have an anti gun house, congress, and whitehouse, and a pandemic, and growing poverty with no sign of it getting better.

honestly, id be shocked if there WASNT a shortage. 

and and and to make things even worse! 

the pandemic made it so people couldnt work. 

which, imagine if your JOB was to make ammo. to work on a gun assembly line. 

• ?

The "why" of most shortages can be attributed to complacency. There was an electrical power shortage in my state of Texas recently. So many things have been too reliable and plentiful for its own good and when a crisis comes along it seems to be a surprise to a lot of people that have taken things as granted.

I have seen several major shortages of ammo during my lifetime and most recover and often leads to stalemate in legal gun related activities such as gun shows and just buying to have a certain gun in a private collection.

Hang on, is all I can advise. The tails(billionaires that seek control) do NOT wag the dogs(the people that buy guns). Note that "44" was the best gun salesman on the planet. "45" came along and gun shows suffered from being over stocked due to slow to no sales and became a buyer`s market until after Nov2020.

Hopefully people are realising to protect themselves there are non-lethal alternatives to do the job. However if you are using them for hunting different story. While i think hunting with guns is cowardly, I think a bow and arrow or other more skilful ways is a true test for hunter. I think the gun production like most has slowed down due to the ongoing pandemic. So if you are hunting and don't have the ammo, why not try the bow and arrow and see how good you actually are.

• Robin

The gun stores here are all in lockdown so can’t go and check 

IT HAPPENED BEFORE:

Increased demand without manufacturers increasing supply.

I just order online.