Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous

Are supermodels an ideal of European beauty ?

They are very tall (over 1.75 cm) and very thin (50/60 kilos). I find them beautiful but I think that they are a little too thin and too tall in my opinion.

Photo example of supermodel, Vittoria Ceretti (Italian supermodel).

Attachment image

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

That supermodel Vittoria Ceretti is such a tall woman she has such BIG feet size 9.5 US / 41 EUR 😍😍😍🤡🤡🤡

• Zirp
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

I'm sure they are somebody's ideal, but that makes no difference to adult-thinking people.

Lots of guys are happy in a relationship with someone who is NOT a supermodel, and what the fashion-industry calls "plus-size" is average in the real world

• 1 month ago

Yes, especially in Eastern Europe. Plus sized women are still accepted in Britain, France and Noway, but Slavic countries never accept curvy women as pretty.

• Magui
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I think they are an ideal of the whole fashion world and foremost by the reasons@Craig mentioned.

However there has been changes in this paradigm and now there are plus size models and sometimes designers use "normal" people on the runaway.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Craig
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Designers prefer tall models - both male and female - and it doesn't matter whether they are modeling for European, African, or Asian clients.

There are three reasons:

1. Foremost, longer lengths of fabric drape better in nearly all cases.  The models' size requires extra inches of fabric, which shows off the texture and quality of the fabric selected by the designer to complement the piece, to full effect.

2. The size of the models enables clients seated further from the runway to see the pieces better.

3. Psychologically, size impresses.  It is automatically associated with greatness and quality by our brains.  Also, a high height-to-width ratio suggests youth and sexuality, which automatically inspires interest.

So it's no accident that both male and female models are tall, no matter where you go.

• 1 month ago

Isn't western modeling/fashion industry ran by gay men and women?  While "adult film", car, and sport models cator more to straight western men...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.