Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Ricky asked in PetsCats · 2 months ago

Any ideas on how I can give my very feisty cat eye drops?

I've gotta apply 1 drop to both eyes twice a day for 7 days! I don't think the vets know my cat lol. Just cleaning her eye was a drama

• jean

get someone else to hold the cat and u put drops in eyes or ask your local vet how to do it.

Best thing to do would be to "trap" her in a small space, like bathroom or bedroom, treat. Pet her, love her, use calm voices. Do you have anyone that can help you? You can wrap her up in a towel or the bed sheets and make her into a "burrito," or as I call them, "purritos." Try and lay her down, or have someone hold her and wrap up her limbs with only head exposed. I seriously have to try and get my cat down on the corner of the bed then roll him up in the comforter to trim his claws. Very gently, hold her head, then an eye open, drop, drop, release, treat. It's easier with someone helping but not impossible if you have to do this by yourself, and in that case, the bed method would work better. Put her on the corner of the blanket and roll 'er on up. It's should be tight enough so she can't get her claws out, but loose enough so she can still wiggle a bit.

NO, it's not cruel to do this. Sometimes, it has to be done to get the treatments and grooming they need. It's just a quick little temporary restraint to get it done without being maimed in the process. After release, just let her go and do her thing.