Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

How can I tell my housemate I don't have feelings for her?

My housemate has feelings for me but I don't feel the same way. How do I handle the situation? Should I just leave it in the hope it will go away or should I confront her about it?

tbh, she’s going to ask “why” if you’re a good man, you will tell her the reasons on why you don’t feel the same way.

Try to be sensitive and kind . 

James, there's a middle ground between pretending you have no idea and confronting her.

Talk to her about it. "I'm pretty sure you've got feelings for me, and that's okay. But I don't feel the same way back. I hope that's okay, too. Do we need to do anything different to live together in this house?" There's your conversation starter.

you tell her you don't otherwise she'll think you do