Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 month ago

Would you let the father of the baby name the child?

30 Answers

Relevance
  • Adele
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Yes Why not, My Father Named me.

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

A married couple should discuss this together and come to an agreement.

• 1 month ago

Its a joint decision between the mother and father.  Many children have two christian names, one chosen by the mother and the other by the father'. 

• 1 month ago

Yes. he named this one.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

When I was pregnant, my husband chose a boy's name, that I also liked. He said he hoped we'd have a girl, but hadn't a clue what name he liked. There was one I'd liked since early childhood, so we went with it when our daughter was born.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

why not , you probably thought of a silly name , usually both pick the parents decide on a name ,  not the mother only , your on a fast train to divorce arent you !!!

• 1 month ago

the decision of what to name your child should be mutual not just the mother or just the fathers choice

• 1 month ago

No. It should be a joint decision if you are married or in a committed relationship. If you are not in a committed relationship, then you get to name the baby. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No. Not without having my input. 

• 1 month ago

I should be done together as husband and wife.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.