Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

What should I do?

I’m a 15 year old girl and this older guy started texting me on Instagram. He is 21. I was a little uncomfortable at first because he is much older than me, but he never said anything inappropriate to me. Should I just end the friendship? I found out he can only go to jail if he says sexual things to me.

• T J

Just block him

• Foofa

There's almost no circumstance under which a 21 year-old guy would have any interest in a 15 year-old girl that wasn't sexual. So if he hasn't crossed that line yet he's probably just working up to it. I'd cut it off before it gets to that point. 

Minors are allowed to be friends with adults.

The trouble is, few adult men want to be friends with minors. They want to become trusted, seem like friends, then take advantage of her naivete when he makes sexual advances. And far too often, this works.

I guarantee he isn't looking for fifteen-year-old friends. He wants underage girls for sex. I imagine you're not the only girl he's texting.