Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

For women who are in perimenopause?

How did you know you were in perimenopause?

Dr. Google mentions that changes in your menstrual cycle are a sign of early perimenopause and I've noticed that my periods seem lighter and last fewer days than before. It's been this way for a year now and I'm only 29. I've also been getting yeast infections (that go away with my period) and I think they may be hormonal.

I feel ok for the most part of the month, but closer to my period, I get headaches and dont feel good. Once, I had dizziness for the first two days of my period. So my PMS is getting worse than usual so I am worried.

My cycles are still regular, but my periods last for fewer days. Should I be worried?

If its perimenopause,do the symptoms usually last all month rather than just the week of your period, how do you know the difference?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

You're way, way too young for perimenopause. It's usually a few years before menopause, sometimes as many as six, typically three or four. I don't see this as the reason for your symptoms, which seem pretty vague.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.