Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

digis asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 month ago

English speakers, could you help me?

Could anyone tell me if I wrote this paragraph correctly and does it sound natural to an English person? I myself am not a native speaker of English. Below is the description of the charter that the king gave to a guild of butchers in medieval times:

The charter published in 1606 contained the following statement:

“In order to ensure that, like in other crafts, a good order be maintained in slaughtering, and having received the humble request from butchers and slaughterers, we hereby grant them what they ask so that they and their successors duly act in accordance with the statutes described below.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

“In order to ensure that, AS WITH other crafts, [a] good order be maintained in slaughtering, and having received the humble request from butchers and slaughterers, we hereby grant them what they ask so that they and their successors duly act in accordance with the statutes described below."

Good job!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.