digis asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 month ago

English speakers, could you help me?

Could anyone tell me if I wrote this paragraph correctly and does it sound natural to an English person? I myself am not a native speaker of English. Below is the description of the charter that the king gave to a guild of butchers in medieval times:

The charter published in 1606 contained the following statement:

“In order to ensure that, like in other crafts, a good order be maintained in slaughtering, and having received the humble request from butchers and slaughterers, we hereby grant them what they ask so that they and their successors duly act in accordance with the statutes described below.

Favorite Answer

“In order to ensure that, AS WITH other crafts, [a] good order be maintained in slaughtering, and having received the humble request from butchers and slaughterers, we hereby grant them what they ask so that they and their successors duly act in accordance with the statutes described below."

Good job!