digis asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 month ago

English speakers, could you help me?

Could anyone tell me if I wrote this paragraph correctly and does it sound natural to an English person? I myself am not a native speaker of English

Finally, the exhibition gives a short glimpse into the history of the Museum of Warsaw which started more than a century ago but only this year is celebrating its first exhibition.

Could anyone tell me  [#1] if I wrote this paragraph correctly and [#2] whether it soundS natural to a native English-speaker? 

It is a little awkward. Instead of “started” I would use “opened” or “was founded”. Also I would also say “but is only celebrating its first exhibition this year”. 

That's all correct