Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

Why will it take 5 months for me to get a new ID?

My ID expired in late December. I made an appointment to get a new ID in early October but then got Covid around Christmas. So made another appointment in January for May as it’s the earliest. Will I be arrested? I’m freaking out. 

My first appointment was in early January but I got sick during Christmas so said I had to make another. 

Favorite Answer

there is no way you are old enough to drive.  and young children don't legally need an ID and can't get one at the motor vehicle office.

anyone old enough (and mentally fit) to drive would know you don't get arrested for an expired license...and certainly wouldn't be on YA asking such a ridiculous question.

if you can avoid it, don't drive.  if you do drive, follow the rules perfectly and hope no one crashes into you or a tail light doesn't go out.

Do you live in California?

Although it's gone largely unreported in the pop-media, state offices here have been months behind.  People who paid their car registrations in October/November are just now getting their new stickers....more concerning is that thousands of businesses and practitioners ranging from contractors to health care workers are currently working under "expired" licenses.... with no real way for the public to determine whether those licenses are actually expired or not...

Of course, the blame is being put on "COVID safety" measures, which have reduced the number of state workers in the various offices.  What they're not telling you is that the shortage is due to many workers choosing to stay home because they're making more on unemployment than they made while working.