Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 2 months ago

who can paraphrase this sentence in a simple way?

they left me with no one but those in the group with whom to try to understand

what had been an extremely difficult experience.

The only ones I had to try to help me understand this difficult experience were the people in the group.

You need to explain what you're trying to say. Your sentence is so convoluted that we can't figure it out. Who is the "they"? What is the group? 

Are you trying to say only those in the group were left to help you?  It's hard to tell from your post. 

If so, you can say "It had been an extremely difficult experience, and they left me with with no one to help me understand it except those in the group."