Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Verulam 1 asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 1 month ago

Will the Meghan/Harry Oprah interview turn out to be a storm in a teacup, or something way more serious for the Royal Family?

Also, why are people, according to the main Yahoo News page, so apparently outraged that the Palace should be investigating the suggestion of bullying by Meghan while she was living in Kensington Palace.   It's already been said that bullying won't be tolerated, so why not find out exactly what did happen.  It has nothing to do with the Andrew situation after all.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

It will be a nine-day wonder, a jolly distraction while waiting for the pandemic to abate. As a PR stunt their interview is going to lose them followers, kicking off at a time when Prince Philip is unwell, and most thoughts are with the Queen.

• The Royal Family has been through far worse, more important situations for 100s of years. Anyone who thinks loud mouth, victim identity, narcissistic Markle is even remotely of interest to them is ignorant. She’s a controlling brat who couldn’t live up to the standards of royalty. She’s the epitome of the dumb, crybaby American female. She’s been elevated in the liberal fascist circles because of her claimed victimhood. She’s disgusting. Harry is a total tool. 

• 1 month ago

It is another Jussie Smollett type of thing. Harry Windsor and Princess Megan are pathetic, privileged losers playing the victim. This is really bad for them, not the Royal Family. It is not a good look.

• 1 month ago

"A storm in a teacup"?    Hmmmm

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

The master manipulator will make you believe whatever you want them to believe. She is such an actress and overrrrrr dramatic

• 1 month ago

Yes, Meghan will have her say and fix her hair and make-up to look like the "put upon one".  She is manipulative and I think she had this planned out all along. She got the title and money she wanted.  It is a mistake for her to go up against the monarchy. Archie will be caught in the middle and Harry needs his xxx kicked.

• 1 month ago

Something way more serious, has Meghan or Harry not learned anything from the Queen herself? She is spiteful and will not tolerate this type of behavior.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes. The tabloid media -- and trolls on sites like this -- are making far too much of it all, as is their habit.  What else do they have to do, after all?

As for bullying, I think that's largely another tabloid fabrication. Nothing wrong with looking into it, certainly, though there have been complaints from Palace staffers about this or that royal for years. As I said the other day, I suspect the Duchess is very firm and certain about what she wants and expects, and I don't think the Palace is very accustomed to that sort of directness.

And let's be honest: the tabloids HATE this woman, because she didn't play along with their usual games. She turned her back on them, told them where to stick it, left the country and took her husband and child with her.  She also sued the Mail and won. They should have known she would do all those things, but they weren't accustomed to a member of the royal family anything like her.  They are currently doing their level best to fight back, because they are pissed off. 

Anyone who reads them and believes their rubbish -- on any subject, mind you -- really needs to upgrade his or her news sources.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

EVERYONE knows that young Black Woman was not bullying the help. They are lying because she would certainly know better. I don't blame them for leaving that toxic environment. Those liars should just live and let live, but No they want Americans to scorn her because they believe they are Superior. They are not.

• Clo
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It will be a tempest in a teapot. I think that Harry and Meghan have addressed some of the issues that will be shown in the interview already, so it won't be anything new.

The timing of this investigation and the "tell-all" interview do seem suspicious. It could be seen that palace courtiers are striking back at Meghan since she accuses courtiers of not treating the Sussexes fairly.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.