Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What dorm room should I pick at Kentucky?

The University of Kentucky lets you choose your specific room within a dorm building. I will be living at Woodland Glen III if anyone has any insight into that specific building. I was just wondering if anyone had any insight for picking specific floors, rooms, etc. in terms of what is the best since the inside of the room seems to all be the same. Thanks!

• MS

My friend's daughter stayed in that dorm (or a similar one, but I think it was that one).  Definitely try to choose a 2-bedroom suite if you can afford it - I think it costs a few thousand more a year though.  

You otherwise just need to think about what's important to you.  I preferred being up high in the dorm because it tended to be quieter, but the first floor was definitely more convenient overall.  You may want to be away from the elevator so that you don't have that elevator hall noise constantly.  If you don't want sun in the morning, avoid a room that faces east.  

Well, if one is available, first I'd go for a two-bedroom suite rather than a two-person suite; it's better not to have to share a bedroom, and also you get a kitchenette. Choose the room not next to the bathroom.

My favorite dorm room was on the first floor: the first you'd come to after you left the lobby. It was actually pretty noisy, but that didn't bother me too much; I slept like a log in those days. The convenience of never having to use an elevator or the stairs (my freshman year dorm was a third-floor walk-up) beat everything. It was so convenient to sign in visitors, borrow a vacuum, do laundry, get a pizza delivered, run out to classes at the last minute, etc.