?

PS4: Is there a way to hear what comes through a head set on the TV so I can monitor my son's chats?

I'm trying to find a setting so he. An still use the mic but the chat comes through the TV and not the headset.

• ?

There is, but I believe it's either through the headset or the TV, not both. 

Should be under "settings" on the main menu and then "audio"? 

is the controller wireless?

if so you can plug the mic into the bottom of the controller  

then you hold the ps button and i will show you a bunch of things like friends sound,etc go to the top one and it will show different volume settings click on the one i forgot the name but if you scorll to the side you will find one that plays aduio out the tv but he can still chat.