Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsHorses · 1 month ago

Is this wrong of me?

I’m riding horses and the place I ride said I could come and help tack and untack the horses but my hearts not into it , I don’t have my own horse so I feel like I shouldn’t have to help with the other peoples horses when they are there and I want my own horse with own property but I have to wait till my dads off of comp but is this wrong of me for not wanting to help? I want to help but it’s not a job so I don’t get paid and I have homework to do and I’m getting kinda stressed lol plus I want to workout and when I don’t workout I get cranky lol

Update:

Why am I not into the horses like I was

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

It's certainly not wrong to prefer not to do unpaid work for other people.

However, to me it's a red flag that you may not be ready for your own horse, that you don't have the sustained desire to be around horses in any way that's so vital to horse ownership.

Doing all the work for your own horse, day in, day out, feeding, stalls, watering, grooming, doctoring, and so on and so on and so on, is a MUCH bigger deal than tacking up for others.

If you only like the fun parts, then just keep going on with lessons.  Don't get your own.

Why aren't you as into the horses as you used to be?  Couldn't tell you, but it's something that happens to many people

Listen to your inner feelings.  If they aren't into horses, find out what they are into.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

You ARE riding other peoples horses after all. Why not help out and learn a bit more about the animals.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.