Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

Sex laws in the UK? ?

I'm confused, although the age of consent in the UK is 16, wouldn't it be weird if, for example, a 25 year old dated a 16 year old and they were deciding to take it to the 'next level'? Is it just me who finds that weird? 

Update:

Oh my god I'm not a 25 year old man I'm a woman!!! I just wanted to know the information on this lol 😂

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes, the age of consent is 16, so it's legal for anyone over the age of 16 to have sex with anyone else over the age of 16. The only exceptions here would be people who are in a position of authority.

As for you finding it weird, that's a moral judgement. It may be weird, yes. But then some people might find a 40 year old being in a relationship with a 25 year old also weird, but it happens, and that is also legal and since the two people are consenting adults, that is really their business.

• 1 month ago

The age of consent in the UK is 16. This means that it's against the law for someone to have sex with someone under the age of 16. It wouldn't be illegal for someone who's 16 to have a relationship with someone who is 30 - unless that person is their teacher or in a position of authority.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I thought this question was answered some time go...but here is my answer.  A 16 yo can give consent to a minor like herself, not a 25 yo grandpa!  Grow up, and stop screwing younger girls...it is called statuary rape.

• 1 month ago

I say get married

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

There are a lot of "weird" things going on.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not weird these days. At 16 they can leave home. Kids grow up quick these days.

• 1 month ago

Yes, it would be weird

• 1 month ago

yes, it is plenty weird ... borders on abuse, imho.  and after the 16 year old's family beats the fool senseless; were I on the jury i'd find them not guilty.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Weird or not it happens......... age of consent is 16 which means at 16yrs old they can legally consent be that to a 25yr old, a 45yr old or a 85yr old

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If I had a 16-year-old daughter I would be watchful of who her friends are.  You can't rely on the government for everything.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.