Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

behkar asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 2 months ago

I can not find a satisfiable answer . Can you help me ?

Human beings have made tremendous progress in acquiring and using knowledge compared to other creatures on earth. Of course, according to studies, this advancement of knowledge has been created by only a very small percentage of human beings. Despite this advancement of knowledge, compared to other creatures, I have not heard of any creature destroying its own kind, but man does this with complete cruelty. WHY?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • snafu
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I suppose human beings all have that seed of self destruction sown within them

• 1 month ago

Really ? tom cats will will role around  in battle until one of them runs away , if not the battle goes on till one is injured severely . throat or gut. The throat causes the inability  to swallow , The gut causes peritonitis, one of the most painful deaths there is . . that's just the cats  . it's very similar for dogs , a few changes for horses , a Bull will go after each others ribs , try to break them . a broken rib will stop the bull from breeding from that day on . ALL of the animals fight to the death or until someone says , I've had enough you are the king , I am, nobody . We're the only civilized species . . 

• Dejair
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Needful ever update the sciences and the exploitation, and also the individual life . Every question has its answer and every problem has its solution .

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I don't deny that man can be cruel, and that a lot of wanton destruction and mayhem has been caused over human history, but compared to the success and positive aspects of the species, the negatives are actually quite small in comparison. They have been paid an enormous amount of "lip service", and justafiably so, but to the point that people like you only seem to focus on the negatives. 

Just to demonstrate that we are not the only self-descructive speceies, read and learn:

https://news.sfsu.edu/news-story/professor-argues-...

https://www.toptenz.net/10-supremely-self-destruct...

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/apr/29/se...

Obviously, you couldn't find these and others like them is because your internet key-word search skills obviously need improvement.

• 1 month ago

The competition in gaining power and wealth leads the human beings to such an extent. I think this is happening more in political side in many countries.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Your premises are all wrong.  Many animals engage in warfare, murder and even cannibalism of their own.  Human advancement in America was by all citizens from the bottom up in being free to change things for the better.  That is unique in human history.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

There is much to unpack in your question.  Are you certain you can compare hereditary geometric intelligence required to construct a spider web with 4 to 6 years of engineering school necessary to construct a suspension bridge?  Humans have language and writing because they need it.  Animals and insects appear to have much more efficient, less arbitrary and contradicting means of communication.  They have no need to lie or cheat.

Still, the cruelty you speak of is just as "human" as our art and language.  Everything some consider ugly like murder, rape, racism, etc., is natural as opposed to being supernatural regardless of how we may feel or classify the behavior.  That is, good and evil are the social constructs of those with the power to enforce it.  With the exception of religious dogma, good and evil doesn't exist independently of human thinking.  

• Bobo
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

As intelligent beings, humans have the means and ability to advance their own interests at the expense of other humans.  You seem to assume that "advancement of knowledge" portends a kinder and gentler human.  Much like the animal kingdom where carnivores exist at the expense of other animals, humans take advantage of others to maintain or advance their own existence.  As a member of society, you take advantage of sewer systems, clean water, roads, transportation, education, police, fire-fighters, farmers, ranchers, etc. produced by other humans.  Also, like pack animals which often fight to the death to establish the Alpha Male, humans enter combat to advance their own existence over such things as religion, wealth, natural resources, etc.  Your question smacks of emotional thinking vice objective thinking--as such you employ cognitive dissonance to the facts that do not support your way of thinking.  That is why you cannot find a "satisfiable" answer--you don't want to know the truth.     

• ArsosA
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

I don't know, maybe we took this too far. I don't want to understand every cell or thing we're made of that partakes in making these atrocities. Just give me a world without killings of any kind, peace all around. We need to chill and change!

• Robert
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Well you're wrong about the animal kingdom where there are examples of cannibalism.  Many critters eat their young.   As far as mankind, it's all a clash of cultures and a lack of discipline.   If we allow a certain amount of crime it grows through habit and because people live down to other's expectations.  If you expect more, you get more.  The culture thing is tougher to deal with.  If your traditions say it is acceptable to honor kill, it's difficult to say that what they did "in love" is wrong.  It is, but it's difficult to remold hundreds of years of tradition.  It is nearly impossible to have one set of rules that will fit everyone.   That's why we have tribes which are probably better off if they could live separately.  They fight when they are forced to live with one set of rules that each side will claim favors the other.   And we see this everywhere, from the deepest forests to the most modern cities.   I have no idea how it all ends unless one tribe finally kills off their perceived enemies.   

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.