Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How to help pebble poop?

I'm 17 and I've gone to my doctor nearly 3 times or more about pebble poop and she's always just told me to eat more fiber, drink more water, or just prescribed me with MiraLax. Recently I had blood pebble stool probably 3-4 times and she said it's probably nothing but to check up with her in May. She told me to take MiraLax for a month but I heard MiraLax isn't used for long-term. Is there a way to fix pebble poop? I take a lot a fiber and drink up to 30-60oz a day. I also started taking prune juice but my stool is still pebblish. Is there any food you'd reccommend. Literally anything will help because i've had this problem for years and all they ever told me is to eat my fiber and drink water :/

• Rita

Treatment for pellet poop

Choose “P” foods. An easy way to remember some foods that will help you poop are those that start with p: peaches, plums, pears, and prunes. ...

Cut back on constipating foods. Foods such as milk, cheese, and high-fat processed foods can have a constipating effect.

Drink more water. ...

Exercise.

• I totally can help. Pebble poop is chronic constipation. The blood your describing is probably hemmroids from straining to have a bowel movement. What you need is some physical activity like walking combine with good fiber. Beans help tremendously. I have IBS and sometimes for dinner I'll have something with beans and the next day, I have absolutely no issues with having a good poop. I recommend Hormel beef chili with beans. Eat it for dinner and the next morning it'll help you so much. You'll thank me! 

Source(s): Life experience

take psyllium husk and drink lots of water as well as exercising walking around will help. Sitting for long periods of time like while gaming can also cause the issue you need to get up and walk around. Also if you're on any kind of drugs like opiates they can cause that issue. Blood in your poop or on it rather is not that concerning cuz its fresh meaning something cut or scratched in your colon. it seems a lot scarier then it is in all actuality if you have a problem with blood in your stool you would know it because there is going to be a lot of it or it. 

Stop eating grains (bread, pasta, cereals, baked goods).  Eat more vegetables, especially cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, avocado, spinach.

• ?

In addition to what you're already doing:

-Try some kind of probiotic such as yogurt or a commercially marketed pill/powder.

-Google the squatty potty.  It's funny, but it really does help a lot of people.

If your doctor didn't suspect a physical issue, the problem is your diet. Chronic constipation can't be fixed if you're constantly eating bad foods. Eat less meat & bread; more fresh fruit & veggies.

An average of 65 - 70oz of water is considered normal intake.

You don't mention what you consider 'a lot' of fibre.

While abusing a product such as MiraLax can be dangerous, taking it as prescribed under medical supervision is fine.

Take the fibre supplement and boost your water intake for a full month before deciding if it is helping.

You have had a problem for years, it is going to take time for your body to adjust.

What makes you feel that having stool like yours, is abnormal??  Perhaps it is the way your bowels work. Many trips to see the health care system will not change this.

• Tavy

I have had pebble poop most of my life (70) years. It is caused by the colon winding instead of being straight and smooth. Think of it as a long tube with kinks in it. The poo halts in its passage downwards and goes into little balls.

It's perfectly normal in some people. Stop stressing, it's normal for you and me. Always drink plenty of water it stops it from getting too hard.

There are over the counter capsules of sodium docusate which help a lot. Heavy fibre cereal too.