Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 2 months ago

I'm curious if how many others experience this with they're gp surgery?

Since covid started it's almost impossible to make an appointment at our surgery patients used to be able to make appointments online but this option was removed now patients have to phone and its still as much hassle to make an appointment your expected to give a receptionist all your personal info regarding what's wrong and its then up to them to decide if you need an appointment or not although they're admin staff not trained or qualified nurses or doctors.  My mother has bouts where she physically shakes a nurse came out it was put down to her copd nurse literally shrugged her shoulders as she said it it just felt like there was an indeffirance  a carer was out to see my mother a couple of nights ago advised my mother to phone gp again in morning because she wa s concerned about my mother shaking my mother phoned her gp gp refused to come out to see her this time it was put down to her medication although she's been on same meds for a long period of time and the shaking has only been on going for a few weeks my mother said that she found it difficult to hold things such as cups and all she got was to be told to use her other hand I just think there's no respect anymore it seems strange that GPS get 100k per her and it seems like there doing a lot less for it

Tavy GPS should be ashamed of themselves to me they hide away in they're offices while hospitals paramedics and district nurses are still expected to deal with patients face to face 

I hope people remember this when covid restrictions are over

Lill in uk a gp is supposed to be ableto do a house visit if somebody is house bound due to theyre health

• Lili

Not where I live.  I've made a few appointments recently and also, when I needed to be seen right away, visited a walk-in center -- no appointment needed.  The Northwestern Memorial system here in Chicago is pretty brilliant.

But pretty much no one makes house calls any longer. 

• Tavy

Yes in the U.K., district  nurses asked our doctor to visit  my husband with Parkinson's and they refused. It's all done by telephone. I had to phone 999, he's now in hospital and I'm not allowed to visit him.

Shameful.

I live in California so if someone claims to be a victim of racism, then they get an appointment immediately.  Everyone else is told to "walk it off" or "try resting" or "take a tylenol."