Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 month ago

Can’t delete/format the selected partition when installing win10 from usb?

I am trying to reinstall win10 to my laptop because my laptop cant start. I downloaded the ISO directly from Microsoft onto a usb pen.

When it asked me where to install windows, I selected the biggest one directly but then it said windows couldn’t format a partition on disk 0. Then I tried to delete or format the existed partition and it said We couldnt delete the selected partition.So i cant delete and create new partition as what other solutions suggest...... HELP...

1 Answer

Relevance
  • BigE
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

This usually means it is the running one.  Make absolutely sure you know which drive is active, and what you got was a fresh install disk (I've never downloaded one from MS, only updates and patches).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.