Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 month ago

Can’t delete/format the selected partition when installing win10 from usb?

I am trying to reinstall win10 to my laptop because my laptop cant start. I downloaded the ISO directly from Microsoft onto a usb pen.

When it asked me where to install windows, I selected the biggest one directly but then it said windows couldn’t format a partition on disk 0. Then I tried to delete or format the existed partition and it said We couldnt delete the selected partition.So i cant delete and create new partition as what other solutions suggest...... HELP...

• BigE
    Favorite Answer

This usually means it is the running one.  Make absolutely sure you know which drive is active, and what you got was a fresh install disk (I've never downloaded one from MS, only updates and patches).