Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How does the photosynthesis affects the climate and the ozone layer?

Can you explain me how does the photosynthesis affects the climate and the ozone layer? 

Photosynthesis is dependent upon the Sun and without the Sun's influence there would be no climate and no life on Earth.

CO2 is plant food and photosynthesis the process that describes how plants eat up CO2 and converts it into the oxygen we breathe.

I just purchased some software that allows me to snag pictures and convert them to jpeg. Here is my first capture.

• Jim2

I don't know about ozone, but photosynthesis gets rid of carbon dioxide. The plant takes carbon dioxide and water and changes it to sugar and oxygen. Thats photosynthesis. Without plants, we would really have a global warming problem, due to too much carbon dioxide in the air.

Photosynthesis liberates oxygen from CO2, lightning causes the production of ozone.

Photosynthesis and the growth of land plants also produces a lot water vapor.