Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

I’ve done something bad to a friend; what should I do?

I looked at something my friend told me not to and it wasn’t an accidental discovery either; I knew where to look and I went straight for it. It was something that she specifically told me not to look at, but I did it anyway and then pretended i hadn’t. I said something along the lines of: “oh, of course I wouldn’t look at it; I know it’s personal to you and you wouldn’t want that. You should really trust me more”. But clearly, she shouldn’t trust me at all. I’m obviously a rubbish friend and she definitely deserves better. I’m not sure whether to apologise, but I know our friendship won’t be the same because I’ve already put cracks in it before. Or carry on and pretend I never saw it, but idk, that feels even more messed up. Or just ignore her completely and cut her out of my life, because I know I did wrong and idk, maybe that’s the right option?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

I can tell there was a lot of effort put in to writing it without telling us what 'it' was. We'd love to know. Either way she trusted you and you broke that trust. However may be she was testing you in the first place. Which is devious. If she said not to look for something and you did then you are in the wrong and should apologise as such.

The easy way would be to just cut her of but may be it's not a big deal and perhaps she'll get over it. Run or apologise is the question.

Well all you did was make me curious.

I think you have too much time on your hands!

First, without specific information on what you looked at, I'm wondering what right your friend had to order you not to look at something!  If its out there, such as being on the internet, you're not the only one who is looking at "it".

If you value the friendship, no need to "cut her out of my life", however.  You are being pretty darn hard on yourself, here.  But try not to lie in the future, it almost always brings trouble. There are  , of course, "little white lies", which are intended to avoid hurting someone's feelings, or such, (look it up for a better definition).  But this one was to cover your behind.

I wouldn't worry too hard about it, its said and done, now move on. You might not need to confess, or do anything else at this point. Wish you had included just what you looked at in the first place. Good wishes,

• ?

You do not need telling that you were foolish, but all of us are at times.    Admit it and apologise 

Keep it to yourself, and no one gets hurt.

If you put cracks in it before and she has never done you wrong then you should apologize and tell her its best if you arent her friend anymore because you always put cracks in it. dont ignore, thats just even more messed up than the cracks you put in it before