Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 month ago

What happens on your first offence in Canada ? For theft and fraud under $5000?

What happens for your first offence in Canada for fraud and theft under $5000 over a Kijiji deal that I can’t even remember I never had a criminal record 

Up to 2 yrs first offence depending on what you did on Kijiji. It could also affect employment & travel. You will also not be bondable when applying for jobs if convicted. You need a good criminal defence lawyer. You may qualify for legal aid when there is a threat of going to jail. I hope you realize you are charged with a serious felony .