Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 month ago

I saw a cop trading stocks on his duty laptop in his cop car. Do I have to report him?

There was a police car at the parking lot and the officer's laptop was full of candle sticks and all those charts. Do I have to report him to the department?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Don't ever report a police officer even if they are in the wrong they will make your life a living hell. They will go as far as setting you up to take a fall for something you didn't do. Run Forrest RUN!

• L
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

None of your business.  Since the screen had candle sticks and charts - you really have NO proof of anything.

• Cee
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Sure you can, Antifa... Sure you can...

• david
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

1st, you don't know what kind of chart he was using. Lots of charts use candle sticks. 2nd, you don't "have" to report him. 3rd, I can't imagine he'd get more than a wrist slap. So long as everything's copacetic, what's the problem? Don't be a ball buster, leave him be.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

You wouldn't recognize whatever they were doing on the department laptop. The system WON'T access trading sites.

• 1 month ago

Other than saying you saw "candle sticks", there is no indication you know what was on the computer.  Police officers are people and just like you get a lunch or coffee break at work, so do they.  It just so happens that there patrol car is their office.  If you took a coffee break in your office and looked at something on your computer, should someone report you?  You have nothing to report so you should not.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Those "candlesticks" could also be some police related information that the police officer was reading.  Mind your own business since you obviously don't know what the circumstances were about.

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Why yes, yes you should.

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Mind your own business. He was probably on a break and allowed to do what he wants with free time.

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Why would you feel obligated to report this????  How do you know he was not on lunch?  Do you feel it is impossible for him to look at stocks while waiting on a call?

Sounds like this is really none of your business, and probably not anything wrong any way.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.