Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 2 months ago

Should I keep the relationship or end it and worry about my family ?

We have been living with family friend for 6 years now and everything has been super great I have had a really good relationship with her oldest son since I first moved In but sometimes I think it’s hard to keep the relationship strong with him cause of his mother that I call a step mom and she calls me a step son I don’t feel it’s there anymore over the years I have been trying for a brother relationship with him and every time I try it doesn’t work I have called him my Lil bro before and he was totally ok with it I spend 99% of the time with her kids I barely spend time with my girlfriend or my family I only get to see these kids every other week and they are always wanting to be around me when they come home I am not sure if this relationship  bond is really worth it anymore I tried to talk to his mom about how I feel and she said it’s fine for me to think of him as a brother she also said why does he have to call you a brother to have a relationship with you! It’s like thinking of them and they think of me as a brother is never gonna work out we are like a close family and have been for 6 years now I don’t want to waste it and make things go bad again but I don’t know if I can handle this much longer it hurts knowing they don’t want a brother relationship with me 

is pf the correct place