Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceOther - Social Science · 2 months ago

Why would a guy do this to his girlfriend? We will be having a great evening but then he will start saying I am too quiet, that something is?

wrong. I tell him everything is fine because it is but he doesn’t believe and keeps demanding answers and gets mad. Then we are in a fight, it is all my fault and he only stops yelling after I am crying and apologizing. When I am with him, I get nervous now, waiting for the other shoe to drop and it’s exhausting.

Favorite Answer

Gosh, I would just cut that guy out, too much drama over nothing. 

I say this to my partner occasionally. Everybody has a norm, this is how chatty and responsive we are. He wants to engage with you more, see how to tick, taking interest in what you say. Perhaps you've had a long day or you're just naturally talkative. Instead of arguing it's best to just be honest and he either needs to realise this is you. Or if you're just tired just say that. People like reasons, they worry when someone acts differently.

I think he basically wants you to be more talkative and for you to interact with him more. Chances are that your boyfriend is one of those guys who feels uneasy by silence. I know that a lot of guys believe in the myth that when their girlfriends are not saying anything it must mean that they are unhappy. Therefore, what I think would be a good strategy is for you to reassure him that just because you are not saying anything does not mean that you are unhappy. He ultimately needs to learn about your body language and how you function as every woman is different.