Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

How do I not get upset so easy?

I'm in love with this one girl and she has an ex that doesn't really like me. He continues to want to be with her and he tries anything and everything to be with her. Every time that she brings him up I get upset and I try not to get upset because I have promised her that I wouldn't but this guy is so toxic and she ends up going back all the time. I understand that they have kids together and everything but you don't have to be with someone just because you have kids, and she knows how I feel about her. I just need some pointers on how now to get upset or angry.

• Foofa

These two are a train wreck and the best move you could make is to fall out of love with her. Once you have kids with someone they're in your life for life, full stop. Depending on the terms of their custody arrangement she could even end up in prison if she tries to just cut him off. This is a situation no one should volunteer for. There are plenty of women out there who don't have kids or whom share children with sensible men who aren't psycho stalkers. This can only end badly for you if you stay. 

She sounds flakey and undeserving of you. If she keeps going back to someone that is toxic and clearly not good for you either then she is being selfish and uncaring of your feelings. I would seriously be considering if you should be with her. If she loves and cares for you she would have cut him out of her life. Yes they have kids together but that doesn't mean that he needs to be a part of her life. This needs to be made clear and how it is affecting you. If she doesn't try and talk less about him or make you the priority not him then it's game over.

Don't be scared to be with someone else or go back to being single. In the longer run you'll thank yourself if that's what you want.

Damn thats a tough situation to be in. Does she visit the ex to drop off the kids or to spend time with him? cause " going back" sounds like she literally goes back to him and spends time with him (sex). If that's the case, drop her bro. This is the reason men shouldn't fw baby mamas because they tend to go back to their exes