Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 month ago

has Germany always been heavily populated compared to other countries in Europe? why? how compared to Norway?

norway has hardly any people? how compared to other countries in europe? why they dont have more people?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

I've been to Norway.

Fact is, it's a really nice place.  Expensive, but nice.

Norway's lower population is PLANNED.  Anyone can immigrate to Norway...IF you have a college degree. 

They have no welfare system.  You have prove that you be a contributing member of society or you're not getting in.

Yes, Germany has always been heavily populated.  They have a large industrial area. 

I don't recall the year, but one time 10,000 Germans emigrated to Spain.  In the 1500s, King Charles I of Spain, the grandson of Ferdinand and Isabella, was also the Holy Roan Emperor Charles V of Germany.  He spent most of his time fighting against the Turks attacking Europe from the east and dealing with Martin Luther.

When Spain explored the New World they were accompanied by many Germans. 

Believe it or not, there are a lot of Mexicans who have German last names including one being "German".  Oddly, none are named "Deutsch" ("German" in German), at least not that I have been able to find.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Germany is 14th most densely populated in Europe, Norway is 2nd to last.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_and_population_...

Population density is relative to factors like religion, geography, culture etc. People write books on stuff like that.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No After WW2 the numbers were reduced by about 5 million

Until Europe expelled about 2.5 Million who were returned to Germany

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Germany is not that heavily populated - a third of the country is still forest.

A lot has to to do with terrain and climate - Norway can be a challenging place to live. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.