Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 month ago

Is it weird to go to a bar alone and order a non-alcoholic drink?

• ?

Why go to a bar and order a non-alcoholic drink? Stay away from bars. Go to a restaurant instead.

I don't think so. I had an acquaintance who did that every week. He was a recovering alcoholic and would go into a bar and order a virgin Bloody Mary, to prove he could resist alcohol.

• Rita

No it's not weird. Some people may find it weird but I've known people to do it regularly because they like socializing. One or two people might say “why not?” when you say no to their offer of a drink, but who cares.

Not really. Its okay to just want the feel of drinking and going out without the alcohol being involved. Unless if you're addicted to drinking then you should probably avoid it that might be triggering to you.

• blank

Not at all.                                                      

• Herve

Only if you're an insecure twenty-something.

• kswck2

What a waste of money. 

Maybe. So what?

Nothing weird about it, no.