Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 month ago

How can I stop being distracted when studying and doing my homework?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

Go into a room. Shut the door, lock it if necessary. Close the curtain/blinds. Turn off the radio/music etc.,  Turn off the main light, just have a desk light.  That minimises all the distractions. 

• 1 month ago

Focus. Purely focus on the task at hand. Avoid distractions like phones, tvs, music (if you find it distracting). Eat a solid breakfast, lunch, or dinner depending on the time before doing your homework. The sooner you complete your homework the sooner you will have more free time to do other things. I know it is hard but you will feel better after your homework is complete. Hope this helps!

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Keep distractions to a minimum.

Deal with hunger first.

Put the phone on do not disturb.

Find a spot that works for them.

Take frequent breaks.

Work in a space that works for everyone.

Create a routine to stay organized.

Make learning fun.

• 1 month ago

If you can, have an area where you do nothing but homework. Turn off your phone and put it in another room. If you feel you can't work in silence, listen to classical music. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Turn off your phone

• 1 month ago

lock your phone somewhere, don't listen to music, don't take breaks (because you would just want to be on your phone again and be lazy) have a quiet place to study and make sure you have everything you need 

• 1 month ago

put your phone in another room. You begin to forget about it without the notification distractions and the sight of it can prevent wanting to go on it. Also, using ur breaks to go on your phone will always end up being 5 hours+

tell yourself you will do work for five minutes. getting started is the hardest part so once you're on a role, you won't want to stopplay upbeat music. if the work isn't to interesting and unmotivating by playing music you enjoy, it can put you in a better mood and mindset to do your work and make studying or homework more enjoyable

• 1 month ago

Put your phone in another room, as I know you have it right by your side, and turn off tv, music, and any other media you have going. 

• 1 month ago

easiest is to change where/when you study

• 1 month ago

Have a quiet peaceful place that you only use for homework and studying.   No electronics, no music, no friends, no interruptions.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.