Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality Β· 2 months ago

My family persecuted and killed Christians, should I feel shame about that?

My great grandfather killed Christians during the Cristero war. He killed 16 people and burned down churches.. Is this something I should be ashamed of?

Favorite Answer

Your not responsible for what your Grandfather did. The question for you is do you think he was justified ,if so why?

Be unhappy your family killed people, not just because they're Christians. Accept it was wrong and bad but know that you're not your family.

Also Christians have killed a lot of people too. Christian soldiers are killing people right now, inclueding other Christians.

• Paul

You shouldn't feel shame about anything you had no part in. Practically everyone had some ancestors, recent or ancient, who behaved in an ungodly manner.

No and no.Β  There is no blood guilt transmitted from parent to child.Β  Just make your life what it should be.

You should feel shame about your grammar. Β That's a run-on sentence.

Sin is not genetic. Whether royalty or serf, it has no bearing on who/what you are as a person. Birth is a fresh start as a new, unique human being.

Our Lady of Fatima has told us war is a punishment sent by God for people's sins.Β  A person can battle the culture of death using the rosary and fasting.

• ?

Not at all. All praises to Allah the Almighty [glorified and exalted be He] who created me, I am Muslim, as is my beloved mother. Yet I have Christians and Hindus in my family tree. In fact, my own father is Christian. Why should I be ashamed of something that I have no control over?

At least he didn't kill fitty men like Cotton Hill.Β