Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What are film producer jobs that allow work/life balance ?

I currently work as a production assistant on a union show and I’ve been looking into getting into the DGA but it requires a minimum of 600 working days just to be able to be a 2nd 2nd AD - basically I’ll have to work as a PA for 4+ years to move up. The hours are also crazy, which I don’t see being sustainable once I have a family/kids of my own. I love working in the industry but I simply don’t want to give away all of my personal life for a career. 

Are there other jobs along the lines of what producers do (project management) that are more sustainable long term and that pay well? Commercials, music videos, etc? I honestly don’t know. 

Every other PA I work with wants to get those 600 days and dedicate years of getting paid minimum wage doing the job that no one wants to do on set 

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.